Northbrook Public Library is seeking a part-time Custodian to join our Maintenance team.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Clean building (floors, lighting, and furniture) by dusting, wiping, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming to ensure a tidy appearance of the library.
- Follow up on general cleaning done by nightly cleaning crew and spot checks for areas that need additional cleaning.
- Serve as a back-up to Maintenance for meeting room setups, emptying exterior book drops, emergency clean ups and assisting with snow blowing, shoveling and salting sidewalks.
- Maintain cleanliness of staff lounge including appliances.
- Spot clean interior and exterior doors and windows.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to use power and manual tools and machinery indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to read and follow instruction manuals and take independent action.
- Basic computer skills (email, Microsoft Office, online ticketing, internet searching) and ability to operate computers and tablets.
- Some cleaning experience preferred.
Employment application is available online at: www.northbrook.info/about/jobs Northbrook Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer