The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and organized individual for our Adult and Teen Services Department.
- Develop and coordinate programs for teens and pre-teens. Assist Department Head with Outreach to the community.
- Provide reference, reader's advisory, and technology-related assistance to patrons.
- Provide relevant and timely promotional material for marketing activities.
- Perform collection development in assigned areas, as needed.
- Work regularly scheduled front desk shifts.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages.
- Associates Degree or LTA Certificate preferred.
- Broad reading background preferably in young adult category.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
Social work and Education students as well as those with teen programming experience are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: IL Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), supplemental insurance available for purchase, life insurance, accruable PTO. Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2019, 5 PM
Application Note: Print, complete and submit the EJMPLD application here along with a cover letter and resume to: Nancy Ashbrook, Executive Director, PO Box 429, Hampshire, IL 60140 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Teen/Adult Services Associate. No Phone calls, please.