- Interacts positively with people of all ages and temperaments.
- Monitors patron activities by making regular rounds of Library to maintain and insure an atmosphere conducive to quiet study in the Library adn to prevent damage to Library building, grounds, furniture or materials.
- Assists in closing the Library, locking doors and remaining until all patrons have left the building.
- Prior to opening on weekends, performs opening procedures. After closing, makes thorough rounds of the Library to insure everything is functional and no damage is evident that all patrons have left the building and that there are no building problems.
- Regularly brings book bin from the drive-by book drop into the Circulation Department.
- In winter, shovels minor accumulations of snow from walkways leading to building an spreads salt or sand as needed.
- Handles minor cleaning or building problems as needed; picks up letter and debris in library building and in plaza in front of building as needed.
- Assists with program set ups and ensures safety recommendations established by police and fire mandates are met.
- Reports all identified safety and maintenance related discrepancies to the Facility Manager.
- Will assist Person in Charge with patron complaints, emergencies adn unruly patrons.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, or necessary and proper to accomplish the foregoing.
Applicants should send a resume and a completed City of Park Ridge Job Application* (*required for consideration) to: John Priala, Facility Manager, Park Ridge Public Library, 20 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068. Email: email@example.com
Obtain a City of Park Ridge Job Application and complete job description from the Library Business Office or Reference Services Desk, or online at www.parkridgelibrary.org (http://www.parkridgelibrary.org) under "Get Involved/Employment".