Job Title: Digital Services Assistant Department Head
FT/PT: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hrs. per week
Salary: $53,586-82,8621, IMRF and excellent benefits
The Niles-Maine District Library is looking for a self-motivated, organized and enthusiastic individual to join the Digital Services team. Digital Services is a dynamic environment with a Digital Media Lab, Maker Space, and circulating technology collection. If you are a database and digital collections master who wants to join an innovative and fast-paced department, then you should apply!
- Manage the online databases and collect monthly usage statistics
- Negotiate with vendors and track the database budget expenditures
- Oversee streaming digital collection platforms
- Assess new and existing products for Library use
- Coordinate training opportunities for staff and patrons on the Library's online resources
- Staff the Technology Desk, Maker Space or Reference Desk 10-15 hours a week.
- Provide assistance using equipment and tools in the space
- Deliver technology and maker hands-on programs to the community
- Assist the Digital Services Supervisor with the management of the department including scheduling, giving direction to staff, and making decisions in the absence of the Department Head.
The ideal candidate has…
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to work well within a team and be adaptable to change
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Interested in and knowledgeable about technology and maker technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues calmly, patiently and effectively
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology skills and a passion for emerging technology
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the public and all levels of Library staff with tact and diplomacy.
- MLIS or MLS degree from an ALA-accredited library school and at least one year of work experience in a library.