The Joliet Public Library is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to be a Library Associate at the Black Road Branch location. Our busy branch provides a welcoming place for families in our community and offers programs both large and small as well as many other services. We are looking for someone who can work with patrons of all ages, including providing baby storytimes, tween/teen events, and everything in between. Candidates for this position will have a background in working with children and knowledge of children's literature. This is a part-time, non-exempt position under the supervision of the Assistant Manager of Youth Services.
- Ability to provide consistently good customer service to patrons and coworkers.
- Plan and execute programs for birth through 18 years of an educational or recreational nature.
- Coordinating and providing library services to library patrons.
- Strong background of working with the public.
- Ability to work in an efficient and organized manner.
- Bachelors or LTA degree, or equivalent in experience.
- Knowledge of children's and YA literature, information searching, library programming, and current library technology preferred.
- Spanish language skills highly preferred.
Send cover letter, resume and three work related references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joliet Public Library
150 North Ottawa Street
Joliet, IL 60432