JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing tasks and assisting patrons at the Circulation Desk, in addition to shelving and organizing the Library collection.
- Provides uniformly gracious and friendly service to all.
- Charges and discharges Library materials.
- Issues and renews Library cards.
- Collects payments for fines, fees, and other services.
- Answers and directs patron inquiries.
- Performs clerical tasks relevant to the department.
- Participates in the running of daily reports and taking necessary action.
- Appropriately routes discharged materials.
- Inspects incoming material for damages and handles according to procedures.
- Participates in collection maintenance.
- Sorts, shelves, and maintains shelf order of all Library material as required.
- Assists patrons with copiers, fax/scan machines, and other Library equipment. Troubleshoots problems and notifies appropriate staff of complex issues.
- Processes and catalogs serial publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Library.
- Knowledge of computers, the Internet, email, Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and other relevant technologies and equipment.
- Knowledge of alphabetic and decimal numeric filing rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be accurate, detail-oriented, and efficient in the performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and lift to access Library areas and materials.
- Ability to move a fully loaded book truck.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or working towards completion.
- Previous experience in a library, clerical, or other public service environment preferred.
Applications and resumes may be submitted online or in person at the Circulation Desk.
No phone calls, please.
All applicants are subject to a background check.