The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District is seeking an enthusiastic lifelong learner to deliver exceptional customer service as the face of the library district. Associates provide borrowing, technology, research, and advisory assistance while promoting library services. This associate will rotate between service points at the Winnetka library and Northfield branch, including shifts in the Studio. The Studio features the latest technology and equipment, such as a 3D printer, embroidery machine, and laser engraver.
Evening and weekend hours required.
Specifications and Requirements:
- Serves patrons and staff in a professional and courteous demeanor, utilizing excellent customer service.
- Performs tasks related to the circulation of materials, including: checkout, check in, issuing cards, and collecting fines.
- Provides research assistance to patrons, including library catalog and online searching.
- Handles cash accurately and efficiently.
- Is aware of and appropriately recommends library resources such as subscription databases and apps.
- Provides reader's advisory services.
- Assists with instruction in the use of equipment including, but not limited to public computers, tablets, smartphones, copiers, printers, self-checkout and Studio equipment.
- Resolves patron problems regarding circulation of materials and account issues.
- Some experience with and/or knowledge of 3D printers, laser cutters, or other digital fabrication equipment and related software preferable
- Dependable transportation between district branches and library sanctioned events required
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., bend and stretch or use a step-stool to routinely retrieve materials on very high or low shelves. Able to maneuver book carts up to 80 lbs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Katie Cangelosi, Head of Circulation Services - firstname.lastname@example.org