The Peotone Public Library District is looking for an energetic, motivated, reliable, fun loving and personable individual who can work with patrons of all ages. Candidates should have an understanding of technology and possess strong customer services skills, must be comfortable working on a team and have a knowledge of children's and young adult literature.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing programming
- Creating attractive and engaging displays and promotional materials
- Providing reader's advisory, reference and technology assistance to children of all ages, their caregivers and other residents.
- Promoting Library resources, programs and services.
- Creating a rapport with children and parents alike.
- Updating Youth Services activities on Library website.
- Outreach to area schools in the Library District.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent and previous experience working with tweens, teens and children preferred.
Physical Demands/work Environment
May occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds.
The job is performed in a typical office environment and includes interaction with the public in a library setting.
Some programming will be held off-site – valid driver's license and own transportation required.
Program requirements include ability to move easily, set-up and take down equipment as needed.
Applications can be found on our website - under the about tab and at the circulation desk.
Submissions must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a cover letter, resume, professional references with contact information and application (found on website). Interviewing decisions will be based on qualifications for the position.