Maintenance Assistant Employer: Glen Ellyn Public Library – County: DuPage
Position Details: Part Time Hours: 12 hours per week, flexible schedule
Salary: Starting salary $12.30 per hour DOQ.
Position Description: The Glen Ellyn Public Library is seeking an organized, detailed individual to perform selected grounds and building maintenance duties.
The Maintenance Assistant performs selected grounds and building maintenance duties which include but not limited to, picking up litter on Library grounds, keeping supplies stocked in janitorial closets and staff areas, replacing light bulbs and ballasts, setting up meeting rooms for Library and community meetings as well as repairing, painting and caulking Library building exterior and outdoor equipment, cleaning selected areas of the Library as needed, Checking / replacing door alarm batteries. Distributing incoming deliveries to appropriate departments and individuals, running errands on behalf of the Library. Gathering recyclable materials from departments, and making containers available for pickup. Assisting the Building Engineer with designated building projects
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates ability to use tools, climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Core Technology Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to make deliveries and pick up supplies within walking distance of the Library
- Demonstrates effective verbal communications skills, in English
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Organizes work
- Successful completion of two years of high school or its demonstrated equivalent
- 16 years' old
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Contact: Dennis McCarthy, Building Engineer
Please visit the library's website at www.gepl.org under Get Involved > Employment Opportunities for the job application form. Applications can be mailed directly to the library at Building Engineer, Glen Ellyn Public Library, 400 Duane St, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 or emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer