We are seeking a creative, resourceful and engaging advocate for youth to work with our diverse community. This position involves extensive interaction with the public, providing service to multiple audiences at various service points and during programs. The majority of time will be spent working in Kids' World, as well as serving teens in the Hub. Kids' World is an engaging play and learning space for youth ages 0-12 while the Hub offers a dynamic space for teens to hang out with friends, develop maker skills and learn. Both spaces assist in providing homework help, connecting youth and caregivers with library materials and offering opportunities to engage in hands-on learning projects and experiences.
This position is ideal for someone skilled at adapting service based on the customer's developmental and informational needs. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to work well independently and with a team, as well as enjoy working with youth and their caregivers. Responsibilities will include providing reference and readers' advisory service, as well as occasionally assisting with programs and storytimes.
Requirements & Skills:
• Positive and welcoming communication skills in order to excel in Our Culture.
• Proficient in using technology (e.g. computers, tablets, internet) to assist customers.
• A good working knowledge of books, movies and pop culture for kids and teens preferred.
• Experience working with youth and multicultural audiences preferred.
Bachelor degree or Associate degree with 2 years of equivalent work experience.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit by July 28:
• A letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience meet those required for the position.
• Your resume
• Complete the availability schedule
Only electronic submissions will be considered.