Do you love libraries and helping people with technology? Do you get excited at the thought of showing people what they can do with technology and how it can make their lives easier? We are currently looking for a Computer Assistant to work at our Santori location.
In this role you will:
- Help customers with basic technology issues including computers, printers and copiers
- Perform basic troubleshooting for customers and staff
- Assist customers with techniques using the internet, databases and software
- Assist customers with the Makerspace technology
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year computer support experience
- One year experience working with the public
- Ability to work at other locations, as required
- Spanish language skills are desirable
Our strategic priorities include School Success, Express Creativity, Feed Your Imagination, and Welcome to America. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our application can be found at http://www.aurorapubliclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Application-for-employment-2016-09.pdf