This position reports to both the Library Director and Assistant Director, and is responsible for the operation of the Circulation Services. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to lead our circulation services team. If you have exceptional leadership skills and enjoy working with the public, then consider the opportunity of Circulation Supervisor.
Requirements & Skills:
Preferred candidates will have at least 2-years of supervisory experience and strong leadership and communication skills. Library experience preferred.
Excellent customer service skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to work with the public and staff are essential. Candidates should be proficient in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and the ability to use library systems to manage and analyze data.
Primary Duties Include:
- Trains, schedules, and evaluates circulation staff.
- Recommends procedures and implements goals and objectives for the department.
- Services as intermediary for patron concerns, interpreting library policy, and resolving conflicts that arise.
- Maintains weekly, monthly, and annual circulation reports.
- Ability to set priorities, make decisions, and exercise discretion with patrons and staff.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet established deadlines, and attend to detail as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
Bachelors' degree or equivalent relevant work experience preferred.