Gail Borden Public Library has an immediate opening for a full-time Videographer & Graphic Designer to work in our fast-paced Graphics Department. Qualified candidates must have experience and be proficient with recording audio and video content, as well as telling "the story" through creative editing of the recorded content.
Candidates must also be able to design and produce brochures, signs, posters, flyers, program props and other print materials. In addition, the position requires taking photos of library events and exhibits, editing, and posting to communication channels.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts or equivalent college coursework with hands-on experience with video recording, video editing and photography
- End-to-end video production experience, as well as knowledge of animation or motion graphics
- Ability to work collaboratively in conceptual development meetings for library-wide projects
- Highly developed skill in graphics and composition with a keen eye for detail and the ability to create a finished product such as brochures, flyers, posters or other printed material
- Experience and skill using Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Premier and After Effects
- Experience with social media and content marketing
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing technology; comfortable with trying out new technology
- Superb interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be comfortable interacting with the public
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of motivation, commitment and dedication to take a project from the beginning to the end
- Positive attitude in support of the library's mission, vision and values
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library!
Click here to download the Application and save as a pdf file. Submit a cover letter, resume, and the Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Gail Borden Public Library, C/o Human Resources, 270 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120. Candidates should be prepared to present a portfolio with videos and other graphic work at the interview.