Building Services Manager
The Joliet Public Library is seeking a Full Time Building Services Manager who is a positive team member and has a flexible personality. A sense of humor is a must. Your initiative, efficiency, and interpersonal skills might be the perfect fit for this position with us!
The primary function of the job is the oversight of security, maintenance and physical upkeep of all Library owned buildings and grounds; the direct supervision and training of building services and security personnel.
Joliet is a southwest suburb of Chicago, with a culturally diverse population of 147,000. With two locations, one urban and one suburban, Joliet Public Library is at the beginning of a new strategic plan and on an upward trajectory. Come join our team and be part of our exciting transformation process.
The open Building Services Manager position will be located at the Ottawa Street Branch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the formulation of annual goals and objectives that support the Library's mission and meet community needs.
- Work with the Executive Director in the preparation of the annual Building Services and Security budget.
- Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range operational plans based upon broad organization goals and objectives and present to the Executive Director for adoption.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities of the building services and security staff in accordance with the Library's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development and performance evaluations of building services and security staff.
- Responsible for maintaining and continued development of the Person in Charge program.
- Responsible for the administration of the electronic reporting solutions for security and building services.
- Responsible for maintaining and continued development of emergency preparedness, procedures, training and updating manual as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and continued development of an all staff safety program.
- Develop and/or sustain relationships with the Library's consultants, vendors and support technicians.
- Responsible for maintaining and participating in the building services emergency.
Building Management Responsibilities:
- Schedule staff and prioritize duties using the Library's computerized maintenance management system software.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Directly responsible for maintaining a preventative maintenance program within the confines of an annual budget. This includes all heating, air conditioning and maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds (internally and externally) and equipment.
- Responsible for the coordination of custodial services with cleaning management company.
- Maintain library grounds and parking lots.
- Troubleshoot equipment and building issues.
- Contact suppliers, contractors and other vendors for cost estimates and proposals for work.
- Order services, supplies and other materials related to building maintenance or mechanical systems.
- Oversee maintenance vendors working on or in the Library buildings. Collect current copy of Certificate of Insurance for all vendors working on-site.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following basic skills: carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, painting and janitorial.
- Required knowledge in the use of all hand and power tools common to the skills listed above.
Security Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for the staff and patrons by participating in the establishment and enforcement of security policies and procedures.
- Designated main contact for Security calls from Security management company.
- Responsible for the processing banning notices as notices as needed.
- College degree required or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Possess knowledge and experience in building services.
- Ability to delegate work.
- Ability to perform building services involved in the position.
- Have valid Illinois driver's license in excellent standing.
- Ability to use the Library's computerized maintenance management system software.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn basic policies and procedures of Library.
- Ability to objectively evaluate staff performance.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds of materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Ability to prepare clear, detailed, and accurately written reports.
- Ability to use standard software systems used by the Library.
- Ability to use e-mail effectively.
- Ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends.
Starting salary $28.97 per hour. We offer excellent benefits—12 sick days per year,
5 weeks of vacation, and 10 holidays per year. IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) is included as well as medical, dental and vision insurance.
To apply please submit an application, cover letter, resume with three references to dpanos@ jolietlibrary.org
Joliet Public Library
150 N. Ottawa Street
Joliet, IL 60432
Email address: email@example.com
See map: Google Maps