Do you enjoy working with people of all ages who really appreciate what you do? The Outreach Services Associate position is a variety filled, exciting position with rarely a dull moment. As an Outreach Associate, you will work with friendly staff on the library bookmobile, where new ideas reign and giving great service rules. Flexibility a plus, with a willingness to cover additional schedules and routes.
- Associates degree or two years of college or university work.
- Two years of library related experience.
- Ability to obtain a Class C driver's license (within 90 days of hire date). Clean driving record, excellent driving ability.
- Familiarity with library automation and Microsoft Office products.
- Good oral communication and skills and experience in working with all age groups.
- Requires full-range of body motion including bending, stooping; ability to push a 100-lb wheeled cart; ability to lift boxes and bags weighing up to 40 lbs. Ability to walk up and down stairs, and to work in a confined space.
- Drives bookmobile on established routes and for special occasions, e.g. local parades.
- Assists Outreach users in the selection, organization and interpretation of library materials.
- Answers reference questions, author/title inquiries as appropriate.
- Checks in, out and renews library materials as well as reshelf and rotate materials and shelf reads bookmobile collection.
- Issues library cards according to library policy.
- Places holds and delivers reserved materials to patrons.
- Maintains and updates bookmobile stop statistics and desk activities.
- Implements the library's summer reading program on the bookmobile.
- Assists with homebound deliveries as assigned by department head.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.