The Joliet Public Library's Digital Media Studio, located at the Ottawa Street Branch, is looking for a creative, friendly, skilled, and customer service oriented person to assist library patrons with using digital media hardware and software applications. Reporting to the Digital Media Studio Supervisor, the ideal candidate is experienced with graphic design, including proficiency of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. He or she possesses a strong customer service ethic, can effectively operate digital media equipment, and is comfortable with developing and providing patron instruction on the creative software in our Digital Media Lab. Experience with 3D modeling/printing, and Spanish speaking skills, are a plus.
- Maintain an atmosphere conductive to connecting, creating and exploring.
- Assist patrons and staff with technology training through formal classes and/or one-on-one assistance.
- Teach monthly technology classes on a variety of topics such as social media, 3D printing, Adobe Creative Cloud and audio –visual topics.
- Assist library members online and in person by finding materials, answering questions, providing technical help and through facilitating the use of the Digital Media Studio. Assist patrons with audio, video and graphic design output and production.
- Share responsibility for developing and maintaining content for the library's website and digital discovery services, as related to Digital Media Studio services and promotions.
- Provide tours of the Digital Media Studio as requested.
- Assist in the development of staff technology workshops and producing instructional materials under the direction of the Digital Media Services Supervisor.
- Assist in the creation of technology training videos under the direction of the Digital Media Services Supervisor.
- Assist in designing and printing of banners for patrons and staff.
- Assist in the on-going development and improvement of the Digital Media Studio.
- Execute the successful opening and closing of the Digital Media Studio.
- Track and report specified statistics for the Digital Media Studio.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of the education and experience necessary to effectively use the equipment and computer applications used in the Digital Media Studio.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with online content systems and web technologies.
- A strong interest in technology and the ability to learn new applications.
- Ability to provide instruction to others.
- Ability to relate to library patrons of all ages in a positive, patient, and effective manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The starting pay is $18.99 per hour.
The position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Human Resources Department
Joliet Public Library
150 N. Ottawa St.
Joliet, IL 60432-4192