Does your everyday conversation tend to cover the latest teen book? Are Maker Spaces one of your happy places? Do you enjoy debating the fine points of the most recent game releases? How about providing friendly and high quality customer service to teens? If so, we would love to hear from you!
In this capacity, you will:
- Plan and present events for teens.
- Assist with collection development.
- Provide reference and reader's advisory.
- Coordinate the summer reading program to foster a lifelong love of reading.
- Maintain the appearance of the teen's area, including display areas
You will need to be:
- Friendly, outgoing and able to build relationships at all levels
- Radiating calmness while being frequently interrupted.
- Able to independently prioritize tasks
- Effective in maintaining working relationships with co-workers
We'd love for you to have:
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution.
- Previous public library experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with teens, preferably in a public library setting.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application and resume to Sophia Brown, Head of Youth Services, at email@example.com, with subject line "Teen Librarian."