- Provides clear, accurate, timely answers to all customer inquiries.
- Provides general reference, reader's advisory, and interlibrary loan services to patrons in the Library, on the telephone, and online.
- Assists patrons in the use of online catalogs, online databases, computer software and hardware, online services, internet, and other technology equipment available for public use.
- Participates in professional development activities relating to areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the Library's internet presence, including the website and social networking websites.
- Assists with developing the collection through material selection and maintenance.
- Makes reminder calls for library programs and events.
- Facilitates occasional library programming.
- Instructs computer, tablet, and smart phone classes covering a variety of topics.
- Assists with the creation of marketing materials for Library events.
- Creates and maintains displays, pathfinders, and other library resources.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requires expertise typically acquired through completion of or current enrollment in a bachelor's degree program.
Minimum of 1 year related adult library service experience in a comparable business, organization, or library.
Excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge of Office products.
Knowledge of technology, computers, and software applications.
Knowledge of web-based utilities and applications.
Knowledge of reference techniques.
Effective communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
Position does not have direct supervisory responsibility.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently, and ability to push a cart weighing 100 pounds.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Donna Dukes--Adult Services Manager