The Gail Borden Public Main Library has a part-time position available at the public Information Desk in the Information Services Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with a team to provide excellent customer service
- Serve as U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent *
- Respond to customer inquiries for information, books, and other materials
- Refer questions to a librarian as appropriate
- Promote library services
- Assist customers with technology
- Answer phone calls
*Eligibility requirements to become a U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent:
- U.S. citizen or a U.S. non-citizen national
- 18 years of age or older
- Does not have a record of either: (i) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (ii) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of technology including Microsoft Office, smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library.
Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit a cover letter, resume and the Employment Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Gail Borden Public Library, c/o Human Resources, 270 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120. Employment Applications are also available at the Main Library's Administration Office, Customer Service, and Rakow and South Elgin branch locations.