Our member-driven organization is looking for a technical services expert to join our team. At CCS, you'll support 26 member libraries and the communities they serve by providing ILS training, support and consulting, focused on technical services functions. You'll develop and train on metadata best practices, coach library staff through fiscal year roll overs, and build effective documentation to empower our members.
Relationship building is a key component of our work. In addition to leading on-site training at member libraries, you'll represent CCS in local, regional, and national committees, building a strong network of library professionals.
At CCS, we treat members the way we want to be treated, set high expectations and meet them, commit to collaboration, and stay focused on the user. We offer competitive pay and benefits, including: four weeks of paid vacation; employer retirement contributions; medical, dental, and vision insurance; and flexible scheduling options. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Some projects you'll work on:
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new member libraries
- Provide new manager orientations on demand
- Develop and lead an ongoing training curriculum for cataloging, acquisitions, and serials
- Centrally manage econtent imports and updates
- Identify relevant continuing education opportunities for library staff
- Build relationships with member library staff through networking meetings, on-site visits, and remote support
- 2 years of relevant experience required
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of members with wide‐ranging skill levels and needs
- Ability to multitask and to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and implement projects effectively
- Knowledge and experience with producing training materials required
- Experience with MARC, RDA, OCLC Bibliographic formats and standards, BIBFRAME required
- Knowledge and experience with Integrated Library Systems required
- Knowledge and experience in working with highly cooperative and collaborative environments
- Experience with a diverse set of web-based tools, including learning and project management systems/software preferred
Full job description
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.