The Rolling Meadows Library is looking for a part-time Reader Services Associate to join our team in the dynamic Readers Services Department. The ideal candidate for this position would have the ability to work with the public in a professional and courteous manner, have a working knowledge of fiction, movies, music, and popular culture, and have the ability to communicate effectively in written and oral expression.
- Staffing the Readers Advisory Desk
- Conducting patron interviews in person and over the phone
- Assisting patrons in the use of the online catalog and readers advisory resources
- Creating and maintaining displays and booklists
- Assisting with developing the fiction and AV collections
- Assisting with the planning of adult and teen reading programs
- Assisting with Home Delivery Service
- Backup staffing at the Welcome Desk as needed
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Knowledge of community needs and interests along with a strong commitment to public service is necessary.
Applications available at Rolling Meadows Library, 3110 Martin Lane, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 or online at RMLemployment@rmlib.org