Reports to: Circulation Supervisor – Customer Service
Jobs Supervised: None. May assist in training new employees and/or volunteers.
Schedule: Regular schedule is 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - with occasional Thursday mornings and occasional weekend daytime hours.
Wage: Starting at $10.87 an hour, experience is a factor in the starting range.
Nature and Scope of Position: Are you a dependable, morning person who likes a fast-paced work environment? Do you make it your personal mission to make every person you encounter smile? Are you always thinking of ways to improve processes? Do you like working in a team environment? Our Circulation Assistant I is responsible for providing friendly frontline customer service, including library card registration, maintaining patron accounts, materials checkout, answering the telephone and directing calls, and providing low level technical support to patrons using library services and equipment.
- Greets each patron upon entering the library.
- Restocks new materials and themed displays near the circulation desk.
- Opens and closes the circulation desk.
- Checks library materials out; renews materials.
- Collects fines and fees, including merchandise sales.
- Registers borrowers.
- Answers telephone; directs calls.
- Directs patrons to appropriate staff.
- Assists patrons in using the self-checkout, photocopier, fax, scanning, and other library equipment.
- Examines materials for missing parts or damage.
- May check shelves for returned items.
- Checks in items and traps holds.
- May assist with or represent the library at programs and community events.
- Attends and participates in staff, department, and other job-related meetings as requested outside of normal shift hours.
- Assist with the shelving duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Professional demeanor and a team player.
- Basic keyboard, data entry, and typing skills.
- Well-developed oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with cash handling and use of the cash register.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to give and receive instructions in English.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish, a plus.
- Alpha-numeric recognition skills.
- Ability to use basic office equipment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Requires full range of motion, including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods.
- Requires bending, stopping, and reaching to retrieve library materials.
- Must have the ability to move a two-sided book cart loaded with up to 300 lbs. of books and other library materials.
- Must have manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to move materials or operate automated equipment.
- Must be able to lift boxes of books, paper, or other items weighing up to 40 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Schedule can include afternoons, evenings, and weekends occasionally.
- Experience working in a public library or another customer service environment preferred.
Zion-Benton Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please see full job listing at: https://zblibrary.info/jobs/
Position open until filled. To apply, please submit a resume, letter of interest and three professional reference to Kelley McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply, please submit a resume, letter of interest and three professional reference to Kelley McCoy at email@example.com .