General Summary: Warren County Public Library seeks a creative, innovative, team-oriented library assistant/librarian dedicated to providing excellent services, collections, and programs to children and teens.
Essential Job Duties:
• Coordinates and oversees the summer reading program to foster a lifelong love of reading
• Plans and presents programs for children and teens
• Collection development
• Provides reference and reader's advisory
• Occasional supervision of part-time staff and volunteers
• Coordinates with local schools and community groups to provide special story hours and/or library tours
• Maintains the appearance of the children's area, including display areas
• Other duties as requested or assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required, MLS preferred
• Strong commitment to public service
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, oral and written; public speaking presentation skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and the public.
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 15 lbs, place and arrange materials on shelves ranging from the floor level to 7' high.
• Interested applicants should be flexible, outgoing, creative, self-motivated, and possess both a positive attitude and sense of humor
• Previous library experience highly desired
• Foreign language skills highly desired
Full-time, requires some evenings and Saturdays.
Benefits include vacation and sick time, and IMRF retirement plan. We offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Starting Salary: $28,000-30,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Warren County Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. This position will report to the Director.