Seeking a part-time Library Assistant to join our busy Patron Services team. In this position you will be dealing directly with patrons and visitors. Candidates must have a positive attitude, work well in a team environment, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Greet patrons and provide friendly and professional customer service
- Assist patrons with self-check unit and automated return handler
- Identify damaged and incomplete returns
- Register new patrons and maintain accurate patron database
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls as appropriate
- Process and file available holds for patrons
- Maintain knowledge of Circulation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to outstanding customer service and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity using window based computers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and push a book cart
- Library experience and familiarity with POLARIS software a plus
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Completed Park Ridge Job Application required for consideration. Send a cover letter, resume, and completed Application to: Anastasia Rachmaciej, Patron Services Manager via the information below.
Job description and Park Ridge Job Application are available from the Library Business Office or online at www.parkridgelibrary.org under "Get Involved/ Employment". E.O.E.