The Acorn Public Library District is seeking a friendly and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with the public to join its staff as a part-time circulation clerk. This individual must possess the ability to represent the library in a positive fashion to all patrons and guests. Hours will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and alternating Fridays/Saturdays. The part-time circulation clerk works closely with the entire library staff to serve the public providing assistance at the front desk by:
- Greeting and directing all visitors.
- Issuing and renewing library cards and maintaining patron records.
- Upholding patron confidentiality.
- Managing patron fines and fees with discretion.
- Communicating library policies and procedures to patrons accurately and courteously.
- Checking out and checking in materials following established library policies and procedures.
- Following up on overdue, missing, assumed lost, and claims returned materials.
- Answering and routing all incoming telephone calls.
- Assisting patrons with faxing, copy machine, self-checkout station, and public computers.
- Performing opening/closing procedures.
- Performing additional duties in the absence of the Head of Circulation.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- At least one year experience at a public service desk.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Maintain attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with library staff.
- Read computer and other office equipment screens.
- Stand/sit for long periods, walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, stand on a stool, and push/pull heavy carts.
- Availability and flexibility to act as a substitute for additional hours as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Type accurately.
- Use personal computers and software applications as well as web-based utilities and applications.
- Operate a cash register.
- Cash management.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Jane Young, Head of Circulation, email@example.com