Access Services Coordinator
Library/Learning Resource Center
Under the direction of the Dean, Learning Resource Center, the Access Services Coordinator oversees all aspects of Circulation and ILL. The Access Services Coordinator develops and follows procedures for the circulation of library materials and is responsible for the efficient operation of the Circulation and ILL departments in the library. Ensures proper implementation of all circulation, privacy and ILL policies. The Access Services Coordinator is the intermediary between MVCC students, the circulation and ILL staff, other college departments and the Dean, LRC when issues arise. This position oversees the charging and discharging of library materials, creation and maintenance of patron and materials records, collection of fines, physical maintenance and organization of the collection; and coordination of the work of the Library Assistants and ILL department. Manages/Coordinates and schedules work for Library Assistant 1, 2 and 3 roles as well as the Interlibrary Loan Assistant and Student Employees in these departments. The Access Services Coordinator is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
Associates Degree required with a minimum of 4 years related library experience required. 2 years supervisory or leadership experience required.
Library Technical Assistant (LTA) Certificate Preferred.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and cultivate a positive and effective working relationship with other members of a team. Ability to make decisions regarding library policies with good judgement.
• Basic typing, internet, Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook experience is necessary. Previous database experience is necessary.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse population and respect cultural differences.
• Must be able to multitask and endure frequent interruptions.
• Familiarity with an integrated library system. A general working knowledge of Sierra ILSis preferred.
• A basic working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague U.I. is preferred.
• Excellent communication, critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with librarians and library staff as well as staff in multiple departments and a willingness to help others accomplish their objectives.
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, remain focused, and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to learn constantly changing and new technology.
• Familiarity with shelving materials using both the alphabet and the Library of Congress cataloging system.
• Must have cash handling and basic bookkeeping skills.
• Ability to stay calm and make decisions in stressful or emergency situations.
• Knowledge of basic library organization, Library of Congress organization, and use of an online library catalog.
Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 5:15 pm
Minimum Starting Rate
Review of Applications Begins