Beardstown Houston Memorial Library has an opening for a full time director.
The director is responsible for administration of all aspects of library operations to effectively serve the needs of the community. The director will be required to promote strong community outreach and public relations; and possess professional leadership and management abilities to work in a team environment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- strong communication skills
- knowledge of strategic planning and grant procedures
- the ability to evolve the library by growing the collection, programs, and relevance in the community
- familiarity with current library technology and trends
- experience managing staff in a professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust.
- Intellectual curiosity, and an eagerness to explore new ideas.
Master of Library Science degree preferred but not required.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Beardstown Houston Memorial Library, 13 Boulevard Road, Beardstown IL. Applications should be received by May 31st.