Reports to: Maintenance Security Supervisor
Jobs Supervised:May supervise volunteers as assigned.
>Schedule: Part-time 16 hours/ week, Non-Exempt. Hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 3pm-7pm, and Wednesday 2pm-6pm. Occasional Saturdays and help needed during "late-night" events after regular library hours. Eventual Sunday hours required.
Wage:Starting between $11- $13 per hour, experience is a factor in the starting range.
Nature and Scope of Position:
The Security Monitor will be responsible for the safety of the library, its staff and patrons. The Applicant must be confidant in de-escalation techniques and handling a variety of issues involving the public on a daily basis. The Applicant will have to deal directly with children 8-18 on a daily basis in an after school club setting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Patrol and monitor library
- Supervise the library's After School Program and serve snacks daily
- Engage with difficult or irate adult and youth patrons and de-escalate situations
- Remove banned patrons from premises by non-physically confrontational means
- Work directly with local law enforcement
- Be able to navigate CCTV system
- Perform cash deposit drops at local bank
- Write incident reports in electronic log system
- Act as witness in court
- Assist with room set ups
- light janitorial duties
- May serve as person-in-charge as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowing when to "observe-and-report" and when to engage a subject.
- Good verbal judo skills
- Professional demeanor and a team player.
- Strong ability to adapt to change.
- Basic keyboard, data entry, and typing skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Well-developed oral communications skill.Sec
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to give and receive instructions in English.
- Alpha-numeric recognition skill.
- Ability to use basic office equipment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Requires full range of motion, including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods
- Requires bending, stooping, and reaching to retrieve library materials
- Must have dexterity and eye-hand coordination to move materials or operate automated equipment
- Must be able to lift boxes of books, paper, or other items weighing up to 40 lbs
Contacts: Patrons, volunteers, other library staff, and peers at other organizations
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions. Occasional outside duties in permitting weather
Education and Experience:
- Previous security experience is preferred
- Ability to deal with patrons of all skill levels and ages
- Ability to represent the library at professional and community events
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is a plus
Zion-Benton Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please see job listing at: https://zblibrary.info/jobs/
To apply please submit a resume, letter of interest and three professional references to Bonn Busch, Maintenance/Security Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org