The Itasca Community Library is seeking an Adult Services Librarian that has the desire to help us provide best-in-class service to our patrons. We prefer an individual that has experience in a public library, has strong interpersonal skills and a positive outlook.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Responsible for one or more areas of collection development including working within the assigned budget, selecting appropriate current materials, and maintaining the collection by continually weeding outdated materials.
- Assist and instruct patrons using virtual resources, downloading digital content, and using publicly available technology including computers, printers, copiers, scanners, fax, etc.
- Keeps informed of current events and of developments and trends in the library field; maintains current knowledge of library technology; takes advantage of opportunities for continuing education to keep knowledge of library practices and procedures current.
- Coordinates the development and presentation of publicity and promotion for the Adult Services Department, including creating brochures, posters, and floor displays, content for library newsletter, library website, and other social media outlets. Experience with graphic design strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree with library experience. MLS from an ALA-accredited school is preferred.