Part-time Library Assistant
The Community Library is currently accepting applications for a part-time Library Assistant in the Public Services Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Post high school coursework and/or some college course work required;
- Four-year college degree, commensurate military experience, or equivalent continuing education preferred;
- High quality customer service skills;
- Must be able to organize, plan, schedule, coordinate, and evaluate programming for all ages;
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to convey information in educational, instructional, and creative manners;
- Advanced computer skills and Internet search techniques;
- Experience working with people of all ages and public speaking experience highly desirable;
- Access to a personal vehicle for work use.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to, helping patrons locate library materials, answering patrons' reference questions, providing readers' advisory assistance, teaching computer classes, putting together displays, and planning library programs.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to Irene Scherer, Public Services Manager, Community Library, 24615 89th Street, Salem, WI 53168 or by email: email@example.com
Preference given to applications received by May 3.