This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week, and includes participation in IMRF. Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and after hours as needed.
What to expect:
Forest Park is a diverse community and the library serves patrons from neighboring villages as well as visitors who reach us via the CTA Blue Line situated a block south of the building. We value access to information and make an effort to provide a wide variety of educational and recreational programming. A successful candidate will understand and value our philosophy of "Everyone is Welcome."
The FPPL Security Guard will:
- Engage with patrons and staff with courteousness and in accordance with our high customer service expectations
- Uphold and enforce the library's behavior policies
- Manage and monitor the library's security systems
- Defuse conflict that may arise among library patrons with a focus on deescalation
- Work to prevent problem situations before they arise
- Assist in emergency situations
- Monitor the building proactively by walking the facility and interacting with patrons and staff
- Close/Open the facility as needed
- Write incident reports as needed and manages the library's incident report files
- Contact police as needed, including filing complaints and making court appearances
- Maintain a working relationship with local emergency response personnel
- Participate and assist in staff safety training
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety and security trends and practices
- Provide support to facilities maintenance staff as needed
- Send resumes and three professional references.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior security experience and/or certification.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job