Gail Borden Public Library has an immediate opening for a part-time Security Guard. The individual in this position will patrol the interior and exterior of the Main Library, as well as the branch locations. The person in this position must exercise sound judgment in interpreting library safety and security policies with the ability to take decisive action when needed. This position requires the ability to make continuous rounds of all public and staff areas, including parking areas.
The mix of duties for this position includes, but is not limited to:
- Assists staff in maintaining appropriate customer behavior
- Enforces correction of minor policy infractions
- Writes Incident Reports for unusual or disruptive incidents
- Assists in monitoring theft detection
- Performs a total security check of Library facilities after closing
- Assists with maintenance functions as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Illinois driver's license and clean driving record required
- Ability to continuously walk throughout the Library's indoor and outdoor areas and work independently
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Prior police, fire or military experience strongly preferred
- Spanish language skills are a plus
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library. Submit a cover letter, resume, and an Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Gail Borden Public Library, C/o Human Resources, 270 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120.