The Lake Bluff Public Library is a small service oriented institution on Chicago's North Shore and is seeking a tech-knowledgeable part time cataloger. The work environment is fast paced, collaborative, with an emphasis on continued education and innovation. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who can think on their feet and thrive in a busy and constantly changing environment.
- Main cataloger: responsible for adding new materials to the Library catalog, removing records of deselected materials, and maintaining existing records.
- Process and import order records for new materials.
- Receive, process, and route new materials upon their arrival.
- Collaborate with other staff members on collection organization and optimization.
- Assist patrons as needed.
- Two years of college or current enrollment as a college student is preferred.
- Previous cataloging experience and familiarity with MARC and RDA strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Innovative Interfaces Millennium or Sierra ILS will be considered favorably.