Job Summary: This position provides essential reference and information services to patrons. Adhering to library policy, the employee assists patrons with the use of library materials and resources, participates in professional development in order to make pertinent contributions to the library and community, and possesses a drive to produce quality work.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Provides knowledgeable reference and readers'/ media advisory services.
- Assists with the use of electronic resources such as databases, eBook platforms, and the online catalog.
- Aids patrons with technology—email, Microsoft Office products, internet navigation, printing station, etc.
- Develops and teaches computer classes covering different topics.
- Edits monthly newsletter.
- Manages Inter Library Loan Requests
- Implements digitization plan for library and local historical documents and maintains digital collection.
- Delivers materials to the homebound.
- Serves as the person-in-charge of the library building in the absence of the Director, Assistant Director, and Department Heads
- Creates and maintains Adult Services displays, booklists, pathfinders, eBook instruction pamphlets and marketing materials.
- Assists in marketing utilizing the library's social media accounts.
- Occasionally develops, plans, and implements creative and dynamic programming.
- Maintains a working knowledge of adult literature and its trends.
- Registers patrons for programs and makes reminder calls.
- Assists Department Head of Adult Services in collection development with weeding and provides suggestions for purchase.
- Provides outreach to community agencies.
- Attends pertinent continuing education classes as offered.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution or comparable experience required.
- Previous library experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system and OCLC WorldShare platform.
- Proficiency in Evanced Solutions calendar functions desired.
- Competent communication skills—telephone, written, and in-person.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
- Capable to adapt to and effectively implement change.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- Ability to maintain library policy and procedures.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing, and vision ability, ability to push carts of library materials weighing up to 100 pounds frequently, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Please submit your resume along with three references to email@example.com