Do you enjoy working with children of all ages and their families? Are you outgoing, with fresh ideas and a love of story times? Can you integrate music, storyboards, and movement with your story times? The Children's Department is seeking an enthusiastic and friendly person who enjoys working with staff and library users, along with the ability to conduct reader's advisory, troubleshoot technology, prepare various story times, and more.
Job Duties would include:
- Planning and implementing story times for various age groups that align with the Five Practices of Early Literacy.
- Regularly working the Children's Department's information desk, providing reference and reader's advisory services.
- Remaining knowledgeable about children's literature and popular materials
- Developing strong relationships with children and their caregivers.
- Collaborating actively with other staff in the Children's Department and other library departments.
Preferred qualifications include an associate's degree based around childhood development and/or an LTA with a specialty in working with children, along with some library experience.
Normal office skills such as the ability to work with Microsoft Office products, Google suite, phone skills, and the ability to lift 25 pounds are required.
The salary for the position is $13.00 hour/25 hours per week. Benefits include:
- Generous time off PTO time; 120 hours of vacation time annually, and 55 hours of sick time annually.
- Participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
The Shorewood-Troy Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. This position will report to the Head of Youth Services.
Our library is a suburban library, serving a population of approximately 19,000. Our library values diversity and collaboration.