Warren-Newport Public Library has an immediate opening in our busy Circulation Department for two (2) Circulation Clerks. If you have experience in working with the public, a passion for providing amazing customer service, a positive attitude and a sense of humor, consider applying today.
Position # 1-Averages 14 Hours a week.
- Monday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- One weekend per month. Weekend hours are Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekend hours are on a rotating schedule. Sunday hours are from Labor Day to Memorial Day.
Position # 2-Averages 12.25 Hours a week.
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
- Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Two weekends per month. Weekend hours are Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekend hours are on a rotating schedule. Sunday hours are from Labor Day to Memorial Day
- Welcome and direct patrons to library resources.
- Check in and out library materials.
- Issue library cards and maintain patron accounts.
- Ensure patron privacy and confidentiality.
- Identify and resolve patron concerns as related to circulation functions.
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls.
- Complete special projects within the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Effectively communicate in English, both orally and written. Bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs and office equipment
Employment applications are available at our Circulation Desk, or on our website at www.wnpl.info. Please submit the application, resume, and cover letter to Cathy Sokley, Circulation Supervisor at email@example.com or mail to the address below. Please indicate if you are applying for position 1 or 2 on cover letter or application. (No phone calls or in-person inquiries.)