Are you a tech-savvy individual with an aptitude for being organized and detail-oriented? Do you excel at providing excellent customer service and like working in a collaborative work environment? If so, this opportunity may be for you! The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a Processing Assistant to join our Materials Services department. This position is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 25 hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and repair library materials swiftly and accurately.
- Check in processed materials and accurately route materials to the correct recipient.
- Check in, process, and shelve periodicals and newspapers.
- Retrieve and enter data into library databases, perform routine computer searches, and withdraw items.
- Order, receive, distribute, and maintain library supplies.
- Assist with receiving new library materials.
- Assist with materials inventory and weeding as requested.
- Assist with Interlibrary Loan tasks.
- Maintain section statistics and prepare written documentation.
This opportunity requires:
- Associates degree, Library Technical Assistant Certificate (LTA), or two years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to search various databases (vendor and library catalogs).
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management; computer skills in a networked environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, and have a keen attention for detail.
- Ability to push and pull carts as well as lift and sort materials of various weights up to 35 lbs., comfortably move around service area; manual dexterity for materials processing and repairs;must be able to view computer screens, type accurately and quickly, and manipulate computer mice.
Hourly rate of $15.75. This position is eligible for pro-rated vacation and sick time and IMRF participation. To apply, send resume via e-mail to HR at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.