Working with mature adults in our community is interesting, enjoyable, and highly rewarding! Consider joining our senior services team and have fun as you help older customers connect with their pop culture interests!
This Advisor position will:
- Select and deliver materials to community residents at their homes and in senior living communities.
- Facilitate book discussions and contribute to book displays, blogs and book lists.
- Help library customers at the Arlington Heights Senior Center to select and borrow the latest books and movies
- Provide support and training for our senior volunteer staff
- Assist with planning and scheduling senior classes and programs.
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities to deadline
- Positive and friendly customer service attitude and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communications, including presentations
- Current knowledge and demonstrated interest in popular culture, such as books, music, and movies. Include a list of the books you have read in the last year with your letter of interest
- Demonstrated ability to excel in Our Culture
- Experience serving mature audiences a plus
- Demonstrated experience with adult group facilitation preferred
Must have valid driver's license. Must have reliable transportation to work at multiple locations in same day.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
Benefits include paid vacation, sick and personal leave, participation in IMRF (pension plan) and 457/Roth savings plan available.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must submit:
- A letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience meet those required for the position.
- List of books read in last year
This opportunity will remain open until filled.
Only electronic submissions will be considered.