JOB DESCRIPTION: Youth Services Librarian
Supervisor/Department: Library Director
Pay Range: $11 - $16 per hour
The Dunlap Public Library District seeks an innovative and energetic professional to fill the position of Youth Services Librarian.
- Plans and implements programming for patrons ages birth – young adult including Summer Reading and weekly programs throughout the year
- Maintains a friendly and welcoming library environment in the Youth and Young Adult areas of the library
- Assists with circulation duties as needed, including but not limited to checking materials in and out, shelving, and shelf-reading
- Be active in local youth services networking groups and may pursue committee activities with the Illinois Library Association
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Library Science preferred
- Experience working in a public library is preferred
- Customer service experience strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in children's and young adult activities and relate well to babies, toddlers, older children, and young adults
- Part-Time - 32 hours per week flexible schedule which coincides with the implementation of library programs; 40 hours during Summer Reading
Salary & Benefits
The Youth Services Librarian is an hourly position with a pay range of $11-$16 per hour. DOQ
The Dunlap Public Library District is an Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund employer and offers a generous paid-leave schedule. Please note: The District does not offer health insurance at this time.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a current resume, cover letter, and three references to the Dunlap Public Library District. In the cover letter, list your three favorite children's/Young Adult books. Please submit the materials electronically to: email@example.com by March 22nd.