Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) is a multitype library system with one big, audacious goal: to become the very best library system in the country. To reach this goal, we must provide responsive, innovative and strategic services to our almost 1,400 member libraries. We succeed when they succeed in serving their community to the fullest.
We accomplish this goal by hiring responsive, innovative and strategic-minded people! If this is you, and you are passionate about libraries of all shapes and sizes, then RAILS is where you belong. You will join a motivated, supportive staff who love serving our member libraries.
The Administrative Assistant position is a key component of the team at RAILS. We are involved in every project in every department. This means that the work is varied and ever changing. We are seeking strong team players who can perform administrative support functions consistent with the policies, guidelines, and procedures of RAILS. This includes general clerical, receptionist, and project based work. The individual we seek will need to be thorough, accurate, and timely. This individual will also need to exercise initiative, good judgment, and work without close supervision.
Why Do We Want You at RAILS?
- You want to help libraries succeed.
- You can work independently, but you love being part of a team.
- You have great verbal and written communication skills.
- You can see projects through from start to finish, prioritizing with ease.
- You are dependable.
- You like a variety of tasks.
- You have the ability to work and interact with all levels and different styles of personalities while maintaining outstanding customer service orientation.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate's degree preferred.
- A minimum of one-three years relevant office experience.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft environment, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Any Other Perks?
- RAILS offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off.
- We want our employees to learn. You will have opportunities to attend conferences and take part in professional development opportunities.
- Travel within the State, occasional overnight travel required as well.
To apply, send your resume with a cover letter with Administrative Assistant in the subject line to email@example.com. This position will be based out of the Burr Ridge Service Center: 125 Tower Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.