The La Grange Park Public Library is looking for a part-time facility maintenance assistant who is responsible for ensuring the library building is safe and well maintained. This position allows for flexible scheduling, however, evening and weekend work may be required.
Qualified candidates should have excellent range of motion, the ability to lift and carry heavy containers (up to 75 pounds) during a work shift, climb ladders and stairs, and a reasonable knowledge of maintenance tasks to successfully change light bulbs, utilize manual tools, power tools, and custodial equipment.
Education requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of custodial work experience preferred.
- Regularly monitors and maintains the library's building structure, systems, and grounds
- Performs custodial and janitorial tasks throughout the building and on the library grounds
- Performs meeting room set up and take down
- Communicates with outside vendors to schedule routine maintenance and inspections
- Operates building machinery and equipment utilizing safety precautions
- Performs snow removal and grounds maintenance, in all weather conditions, as needed
- Keeps supplies stocked in janitorial closets and staff area
- Attends relevant meetings, workshops, and training classes
- Performs other duties as assigned