Implements IT solutions based on business workflow analysis. Evaluates needs and opportunities for website improvements, software solutions and training. Creates and delivers IT/software training for library staff. Contributes to the development and maintenance of website and applications.
1. Identifies needs and opportunities for staff to learn and use software, systems, and applications in order to best serve customers and improve work processes. Creates training plans for individuals and groups based on job skill requirements. Develops training materials, including online courses and job aids. Works with IT to develop implementation strategy for all product rollouts.
2. Recommends improvements and revisions for library wide technology, including accommodating new technologies and/or adding new services.
3. Creates, maintains and supports staff-side website pages that improve workflow and support Customer Service needs; trains staff in their use. Participates in the development/maintenance of customer-side web pages and applications.
4. Prepares and presents group training as well as one-to-one instruction to staff for all applications, web content, and library automation systems.
5. Assists IT Manager with project management for web and application related projects.
6. Tracks, documents, and analyzes user access of website and tools. Recommends changes that accommodate user patterns.
7. Provide daily website support for staff.
Requirements & Skills:
Requires 3 to 5 years' experience in designing and presenting IT training.
Requires demonstrated expertise in MS Office products and Drupal.
Moderate expertise in business workflow analysis.
Excellent verbal and written communications, especially with audiences with a variety of skill levels.
Strong collaboration skills.
Expertise in MS Office products and Drupal.
Proficiency in web applications preferred.
Education: Bachelor degree.
Benefits include health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation plus personal and sick time, 12 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plans.
Arlington Heights is the largest community along Chicago's northwest suburban corridor, located 25 miles from downtown Chicago. The train station is located just two blocks from the library, convenient for our employees who live in the city.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit
- A letter of interest, including how your qualifications match the requirements for the position.
- Your resume.