Marengo-Union Library District
Full Time or Part Time:
20 hours per week
11.50 per hour
- Creates graphics for online presence, including web, mobile apps, and social media.
- Produces quality photographs and videos of library events, programs, staff, visitors and building. Maintains stock photos files, including tagging, converting, sharing with other departments.
- Designs and creates logos, posters, signs, flyers, brochures, ads and other promotional materials that generate a positive public appeal to the library. Writes basic promotional copy.
- Formulates bid specifications for the purchase of outside printing and production of printed and promotional materials and negotiates with vendors.
- Assists with library displays and bulletin boards.
- Assists staff in other departments with promotional ideas for library programs and special events.
- Assists with temporary and permanent signage throughout the library.
- Provides library wide decoration and interior design support
- One to three years' experience in graphic design.
- Effectively communicate in English, both orally and written. Bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Able to write basic promotional copy.
- Knowledge of and ability to use desktop publishing, photo video editing, and related software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, iMovie, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Working knowledge in social media, content management systems, and email marketing tools.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement while working independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Basic knowledge of pre-press production.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and a working knowledge of office equipment.
- Knowledge of digital photography and videography.
- Portfolio of original work required; online portfolio preferred.
Open until filled
Please submit the application, resume, and online portfolio to email@example.com or mail to the address below. (No phone calls or in person inquiries.
Kevin Drinka, Library Director