The Indian Prairie Public Library District is seeking a passionate and playful leader to join our team as the Early Literary Specialist. We provide a dynamic, engaging team environment, valuing staff members' initiative and contributions. Exceptional service is our passion and we pride ourselves on being caring and friendly, listening to the needs and interests of each individual, and developing services with deliberate and thoughtful care. We are committed to making everyone's library experience enjoyable.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about early literacy services with fresh and innovative ideas for serving children birth-Kindergarten.
- Be a highly-motivated professional possessing the ability to create classes and events, including outreach for this demographic.
- Love to brainstorm and work with others.
- Provide extraordinary customer service.
- Be knowledgeable about current books, media, and technology for young children.
- Stay abreast of and evaluate trends while assessing the needs and interests of young children and their caregivers.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to develop publicity and marketing for children and families.
- Have a sense of humor and enjoy learning especially through play.
Qualifications for the position include Master of Library Science, Master of Early Childhood Education, Master of Child Development, or equivalent. Minimum of two years progressively responsible experience working with young children. You'll find the complete job description and qualifications at https://www.ippl.info/about/job-openings.
The salary is $44,519.00+ DOQ and includes IMRF pension plan, health, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, and paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. The position works 37.5 hours/week including days, evenings and weekends.
The Indian Prairie Public Library District is located in Darien Illinois serving 42,000 residents in the communities of Darien, Willowbrook and Burr Ridge. Our Kids & Teens Services Department is extremely busy with a wide variety of services and programming. Our patrons love our services and the warm and friendly staff!
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Natalie Williams, Head of Youth Services at email@example.com. The subject line on the email should read "Early Literacy Specialist." Resumes will be accepted until February 22, 2019. Indian Prairie Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.