Do you have a love for the latest technology and for making/DIY – be it no, low, or high tech? Do you have experience with laser cutting, CNC machines, embroidery and sewing machines, and digital editing tools? Join our Digital Services Department. Digital Services Assistants offer guidance to users at all levels and ages across a variety of maker/DIY topics using makerspace equipment, and contribute to a welcoming, synergetic environment in our new makerspace, the Collaboratory.
BA/BS or two to four years of equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to patiently and respectfully instruct and guide users of all skill levels and ages
- Experience with maker technologies and equipment (e.g., 3D printing, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, sewing and embroidery machines) and other no, low, or high technologies (e.g., fiber arts, wearable tech)
- Familiarity with digital media creation and editing tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, GarageBand, iMovie, mics, cameras)
- Ability to identify problems and conduct basic computer troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Apple, Microsoft, and Android systems
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, the internet, and related applications
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment
- Previous library employment a plus
Key Functions of this Position:
- Help patrons individually with a variety of technologies including software, digital media tools, 3D modeling/printing and scanning, CNC machines, machine sewing and embroidery, laser cutting, and similar maker programs and equipment.
- Assist in technology and maker sessions for patrons.
- Perform basic operation and troubleshooting for makerspace equipment, computers, and peripherals as necessary.
- Staff the public desk in the Collaboratory.
Employment application is available online at: www.northbrook.info/about/jobs
***Northbrook Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer***
Please submit cover letter, resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org