Applicants must possess the ability to perform various circulation functions in a friendly and professional manner to a diverse patron base:
- Check in/out books and materials.
- Interact with patrons concerning circulation of materials, issuance of library cards, collecting fines/fees, etc.
- Open and close the library during an assigned shift.
- Answer incoming telephone calls providing routine information, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Prepare basic circulation reports as pertains to daily work.
- Sort returned books in alphabetical and numerical order on carts.
- Use various technologies to complete work.
Interact with outside agencies including other local libraries.
Direct patron inquiries.
Inspect and redirect materials for cleaning, repair, withdrawal, reordering.
Inspect books for damage and handle appropriately.
Perform other library related activities as required.
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a high school education; one year of general work experience including front line customer services, preferably in a public library setting.
Basic knowledge of routine library functions and procedures; ability to stand, walk, and/or stoop for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 35 pounds; ability to push/pull loaded carts in excess of 75 pounds; ability to operate a computer terminal using a variety of library software; ability to type, operate cash registers, and other business machinery; ability to handle money responsibly; ability to interact pleasantly and effectively with staff and patrons; ability to work accurately in a changing environment with frequent interruptions.
Working knowledge of Polaris preferred.
Employment applications are available online: www.northbrook.info/about/jobs
Northbrook Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send cover letter, resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org