Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in a friendly and professional manner and for creating a positive library experience, primarily in Kid City. Kid City serves children from birth to grade 8 in addition to parents and caregivers. It is an extremely busy, non-traditional library environment that encourages hands-on learning, creativity, exploration, and imagination.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide friendly and enthusiastic customer service and reference assistance on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication in Kid City.
- Have knowledge of children's literature and perform reader's advisory for ages preschool through grade 8.
- Provide catalog instruction to patrons.
- Comfortably use a variety of electronic devices in order to answer patron queries about library services.
- Represent the Library's brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Troubleshoot library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to productively communicate with all levels of library staff and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associates degree or LTA from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of library work experience or service related work experience.
Please provide a resume and fill out an application,