The Oak Park Public Library is seeking a part-time, temporary intern to join our Special Collections team.
The Oak Park Public Library's Special Collections curates, protects, and makes available heritage collections that reflect the unique values and enduring legacies of Oak Park and its inhabitants. Collecting emphasis is on local authors and figures—including Edgar Rice Burroughs, Ernest Hemingway, Percy Julian, Carol Shields, Frank Lloyd Wright, Harriette Gillem Robinet, and Philander Barclay. To learn more, visit oppl.org/special-collections
Interns provide additional support to Special Collections staff to assist in making collections available to the public both in person and online.
- Processing and rehousing collections
- Stacks maintenance and inventories
- Metadata creation
- Creation of Finding Aids
- Assisting with research inquiries
- Digitization of collections
- Participating in outreach
- Current graduate students of Library and Information Science, Archives and Records Management, Museum Studies, or Public History may apply.
- Coursework in archival management, working knowledge of Dublin Core and DACS, and experience in object handling and creating metadata (through coursework or related experience) are required.
This is a temporary, part-time position that pays $15.50 per hour with a start date in February 2019. The scheduled hours are 10-15 daytime hours per week Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours for 10-12 weeks. Candidates may also be asked to undergo a background check.
Diversity. Inclusion. Equity.
The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We work to create and support an environment of diversity, inclusion, and equity for the benefit of our employees, our collections, our programs and services, and our community.
Please visit our jobs page to learn more and apply.