The Library Operations Assistant works as part of a collaborative Library team. The Assistant will support all facets of print and electronic material management by cross training with Operations team members, and will support library services, internally and externally, through various special projects related to ILS, print collection and patron support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with ordering, receiving, distributing and tracking of print and electronic materials.
- Track and resolve operations-related questions from staff and attorneys, escalating to another team member, as appropriate.
- Cross train with and support members of the Operations department. Act as back up to other members of the Operations department, as needed
- Perform administrative tasks to support the various functions of the Library department
- Support special projects as assigned by Manager or Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Library Operations or Technical Services
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to lift, carry or move up to 25 lbs.
- Coursework in Library and Information Science
- Experience handling legal material
- Experience in a corporate or legal library
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.