Come work at a quaint small town library with a tight knit staff of 13. Our focus is on efficient and effective workflow and truly dynamic customer service. 1 circulation desk, zero self-checks, our library is all about face-to-face interaction and assistance. We're looking for someone energetic and motivated who fits in well to our friendly, outgoing staff culture.
Part time, 25-30 hours/week
$11 hourly, non-exempt
Vacation/sick time eligible after 1 year, participation in IMRF immediately
- Collection development of Periodicals: Includes processing periodicals—record, enter and ready monthly and weekly magazines for circulation; track circulation and use, select and weed materials each year.
- Interlibrary loan—Ordering and processing items for patrons outside of the consortium, both in and out of state.
- Distribution of van materials from interlibrary loan orders – also recording and routing of returned materials to other libraries, via van.
- Supply management—setting up spreadsheets, keeping track, and ordering as needed
- Assist at circulation desk 4 hours/week and as needed - tasks include: check in/check out, shelving & straightening, library card creation and renewal, computer and e-reader assistance, all ages reference assistance, retrieval of paging list items
- End processing of new AV materials, assistance with other material end processing
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some library work experience preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office
Please send your resume to Megan Gove at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emailed applications will be accepted. Please note specific hours listed.